📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black box on top of screen

Whenever I exit an app after a second it has this black box on top of my screen. This has been happening for a month and I tried force restarting my phone and it’s still there. If you have any tips on how to remove it please tell! ^^

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 12:02 PM

yuki1212,

Thank you. As you're still having this issue and the behavior is not appearing in your screenshots, we recommend contacting Apple Support for additional troubleshooting: Contact Apple Support

They can further assist to answer the the question if this is expected or unexpected behavior.

Take care.

5 replies

Nov 2, 2022 12:29 PM in response to yuki1212

Hi yuki1212,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. From your screenshot, we don't see the black box you're referring to. You may be indicating the dark space at the top in the background. This space should be a blurred background of whatever you use for your Home Screen wallpaper. If you use a darker wallpaper, try changing it using the following guidance from Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support and see if the same occurs.

"Add a new wallpaper for your Lock Screen or Home Screen

1. In the Settings app, tap Wallpaper.
  2. Tap Add New Wallpaper.
  3. Tap Photos, People, or Photo Shuffle to choose your own photo. You can also select a wallpaper from a category like Weather & Astronomy, Emoji, Collections, or Color.
  4. If you want, you can customize your wallpaper further. Then tap Add."

Cheers!

Nov 4, 2022 7:06 AM in response to yuki1212

Hey there yuki1212, 

Your screenshot appears to show another example of the blurred effect when the App Switcher is open on your iPhone. Do you see a black box when you are not using App Switcher? We ask as there is no black box present in these screenshots, only the App Switcher view. As shown below.

Switch between open apps on iPhone

If you are seeing the box on your device, but not in the screenshots you are sharing, you may need to have your iPhone checked out.

iPhone Service & Repair

Have a good one!

Black box on top of screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.