Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID on Silicon MBP?

Hi:

I just bought a Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numeric Keypad for Mac models with Apple silicon to go with my MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) Chip Apple M1 Max running macOS Monterey Version 12.6.

I cannot get the Touch ID on the new keyboard to work. When I go to under System Preferences, this screen pops up:

No matter how many times I Double-Press Touch ID on the new keyboard, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong???

Many thanks!

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 12:29 PM

Hi

Check this article:

If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

And make sure that:

For Magic Keyboard with Touch ID, turn your keyboard off and on, then connect your keyboard to your Mac with the USB to Lightning cable. After you turn Magic Keyboard off then on, Touch ID may be unavailable for up to 10 seconds.

Also, maybe disabling this feature from your Mac first would be helpful (just in case)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 12:29 PM in response to CharPatton

Hi

Check this article:

If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

And make sure that:

For Magic Keyboard with Touch ID, turn your keyboard off and on, then connect your keyboard to your Mac with the USB to Lightning cable. After you turn Magic Keyboard off then on, Touch ID may be unavailable for up to 10 seconds.

Also, maybe disabling this feature from your Mac first would be helpful (just in case)

Touch ID on Silicon MBP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.