Touch ID Magic Keyboard Not showing up in settings/can't setup Touch ID

So I just got this Touch ID magic Keyboard to use with my 27" 2020 iMac on Ventura 13.4.1, I have tried everything from the Apple Support articles, and discussions and forums suggestions but nothing has helped. I have restarted with it plugged and not, shut down the same, forgot the device, etc but nothing. The keyboard itself works amazingly! But the Touch ID doesn't work and I can't set it up! It doesn't show up in my settings panel either! What should I do?

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 4:39 PM

Brandon,

Touch ID will not work with your iMac. You did not read the system requirements for Touch ID prior to buying it which are:

System Requirements

Mac with Apple silicon using macOS 11.4 or later

Your iMac is Intel based so while the keyboard will work just fine, however as you have found out it does not support Touch ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2023 4:39 PM in response to mjolairarc198

Brandon,

Touch ID will not work with your iMac. You did not read the system requirements for Touch ID prior to buying it which are:

System Requirements

Mac with Apple silicon using macOS 11.4 or later

Your iMac is Intel based so while the keyboard will work just fine, however as you have found out it does not support Touch ID.

Touch ID Magic Keyboard Not showing up in settings/can't setup Touch ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.