Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone doesn’t show recent deleted messages how can I get my messages back when I already updated my phone ?

I updated my i0s 16 but I accidentally deleted my messages

but it doesn’t show recent deleted messages why not ?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 6:28 PM

If you deleted the messages before you updated to iOS 16, they are gone unless you have a backup that you can restore and that contains the messages. When you restore a backup, you overwrite the contents on your phone and replace it with the contents in the backup.

If you deleted the messages after you updated to iOS 16, see this.

Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 6:28 PM in response to _2m3p3tty

If you deleted the messages before you updated to iOS 16, they are gone unless you have a backup that you can restore and that contains the messages. When you restore a backup, you overwrite the contents on your phone and replace it with the contents in the backup.

If you deleted the messages after you updated to iOS 16, see this.

Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

My iPhone doesn’t show recent deleted messages how can I get my messages back when I already updated my phone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.