Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Fitness Ring does not match Apple Health steps + Garmin

Apple Health steps and Fitness steps don't match! Apple Health combines my phone and Garmin steps perfectly, with no overlap as Garmin is set to priority. However, the Fitness ring on the phone adds the phone steps + Garmin separately which means it now includes overlaps! Why can't Health and Fitness sync correctly? I thought Fitness just pulls from Health? I just updated to iOS 16.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 9:10 PM

The fitness MOVE RING (Outermost Ring- Red) calculates the Move Calories from the steps reported by your iPhone and your Garmin. The Move ring is not showing total steps because it is showing total Calories.

What may be happening is that you are seeing the total steps reported to the Health app by your iPhone and Garmin accurately. You are also seeing the Move Ring showing total Calories and you may be confusing that number with the total steps number.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 9:10 PM in response to jasonfromcebu city

The fitness MOVE RING (Outermost Ring- Red) calculates the Move Calories from the steps reported by your iPhone and your Garmin. The Move ring is not showing total steps because it is showing total Calories.

What may be happening is that you are seeing the total steps reported to the Health app by your iPhone and Garmin accurately. You are also seeing the Move Ring showing total Calories and you may be confusing that number with the total steps number.

Axel F.

Apple Fitness Ring does not match Apple Health steps + Garmin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.