Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red, hard, large bump on my wrist from my Apple Watch 7

I’ve had my Apple Watch 7 since December of 2021. Today, I put it on the charger and noticed I have a large red lump on my wrist, right where the circular sensor rests. It doesn’t hurt, burn or itch, it is just there. This has never happened before. I only take the Watch off to charge it when I shower. I use it to track my sleep stats.

I don’t want to put it back on now…

I’m not sure what I should do? Contact Apple?

‘Has anyone else had this problem? Do you know what caused it and how to stop it from happening again?

I really don’t want to stop wearing my Apple Watch.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 8:47 AM

Seeing a doctor seems like a good idea.

I haven't experienced this-- most people haven't--and I hope it goes away soon. I have heard that some do get skin reactions from wearing the watch. It could be from allergic reactions to nickel or other materials in the watch. Apple says this:

Another potential cause of discomfort is wearing your Apple Watch too tightly or loosely. An overly tight band can cause skin irritation. A band that’s too loose can cause rubbing. If you experience redness, swelling, itchiness, or any other irritation, you may want to consult your physician before you put your Apple Watch back on.

There's a bit more information here from Apple:

Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 8:47 AM in response to LoriDegre

Seeing a doctor seems like a good idea.

I haven't experienced this-- most people haven't--and I hope it goes away soon. I have heard that some do get skin reactions from wearing the watch. It could be from allergic reactions to nickel or other materials in the watch. Apple says this:

Another potential cause of discomfort is wearing your Apple Watch too tightly or loosely. An overly tight band can cause skin irritation. A band that’s too loose can cause rubbing. If you experience redness, swelling, itchiness, or any other irritation, you may want to consult your physician before you put your Apple Watch back on.

There's a bit more information here from Apple:

Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Red, hard, large bump on my wrist from my Apple Watch 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.