Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I prevent Calendar from guessing an address for the location

I just want the location to be exactly what I type. I do not want Calendar to guess where I'm going if I type, say, Rob's house.

I find the pre-population of the location field quite frustrating; it interferes with my typing the correct location.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 5:14 PM

Hi Bradford,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! Although you cannot fully disable the location suggestions, you can reset the recent locations and attendees. Here's how:

1. Open the Calendar menu
  2. Select Preferences
  3. Click on the Advanced tab
  4. Select 'Remove all recent locations and attendees'
  5. Click Delete

Locations you enter in Calendar are saved for suggestions later, and removing them will reset the suggestions. We welcome your feedback about how this works and any suggestions you have here: Product Feedback.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2022 5:14 PM in response to Bradford Sherman

Hi Bradford,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! Although you cannot fully disable the location suggestions, you can reset the recent locations and attendees. Here's how:

1. Open the Calendar menu
  2. Select Preferences
  3. Click on the Advanced tab
  4. Select 'Remove all recent locations and attendees'
  5. Click Delete

Locations you enter in Calendar are saved for suggestions later, and removing them will reset the suggestions. We welcome your feedback about how this works and any suggestions you have here: Product Feedback.

Cheers!

How can I prevent Calendar from guessing an address for the location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.