Why does Calendar show a transit station in the location field that I have never marked or entered?

Why does Calendar show a place in the location field that I have never marked or entered? Every time I go to the location field of my Calendar to enter a location for a reminder, a transit station called “Sendai station Chou, Aoba,Sendai, Miyagi, Japan” - a place I have never entered into my Calendar or Maps and does not show up in any type of Maps pin, favorite, or location, is listed at the top of Location choices. How can I get rid of it?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 8:13 PM

Thanks! The location always showed up at the top of my “Recents” when I tapped on the location field. Very odd location - a transit station. That location is not from anything I have ever marked in a map or written or received - anyway, not that I can remember…

I never thought of just swiping left on it. Problem solved!

Thank you

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 8:13 PM in response to ASTRO24

Thanks! The location always showed up at the top of my “Recents” when I tapped on the location field. Very odd location - a transit station. That location is not from anything I have ever marked in a map or written or received - anyway, not that I can remember…

I never thought of just swiping left on it. Problem solved!

Thank you

Jun 20, 2023 6:07 PM in response to cqskie

Hi cqskie,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand an unknown location shown in Calendar. Suggestions can be pulled from your Mail, Messages, or a note you may have written with this location included. Is this location auto-filled or is it simply suggested when you're creating an event?

You can delete the entry by creating a new Calendar event and tap on the Locations field. You will see a list of locations. Swipe to the left on the location you want to delete.

Regards.

Why does Calendar show a transit station in the location field that I have never marked or entered?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.