Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Finger Zoom Continues To Quit Working Often

Is Apple ever going to fix this or continue to deny that it exists forever?

I've experienced this problem with a Magic Trackpad and 3 different 13" MacBook Pro built-in trackpads (including an M1) and more versions of MacOS than I can remember including Ventura.

Having to open Preferences to turn it off and on every time this happens has continued to be completely annoying for years.

We pay way too much of a premium for our Macs to be ignored for literally years. My $230 HP laptop never has that problem.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 2:33 AM

9 replies

Nov 2, 2022 1:37 AM in response to BHGregg

Then have a few suggestions ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.

Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

3 - Have the computer evaluated by the Professionals who have the Special Hardware / Software and Expertise to diagnose the issue and offer possible solutions

Nov 1, 2022 11:17 AM in response to Barney-15E

It is universal and totally random and frequent.

If you really care about this issue there is another multi-page thread on this forum that has been going on for quite a while. I tried to post there, but I was not allowed to and it was suggested that I start a new one (damned if I know why).

Check it out and you'll see how many others have this ongoing problem which Apple refuses to address and perhaps you will learn about this issue without starting from the beginning.

Two Finger Zoom Continues To Quit Working Often

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.