Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to copy Pics from Windows PC to iPhone using iTunes.

I'm a new iPhone user so wanted to transfer my old phone pictures and videos that I copied to my windows PC to iPhone. I followed the guides on internet and yet when I use the Add file or Add Folder option, it reads up the files that are there but does not show up any files for transferring to iPhone.

Morever, it is showing these videos under the movies section which appear only when iPhone is connected so I am assuming these files are on iPhone but not on my PC. I do not know how these got transferred but they dont show up in iphone, they show up on itunes when phone is connected to windows pc. I tried changing the path of photos to sync but these videos stay there constantly. I've tried the photos app and TV app on phone but these videos do not show up there.

So please help me delete these videos if they are on phone but not visible since they are eating up a lot of space for nothing and also help me to transfer my photos from windows pc to iphone.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 9:18 AM

See Sync photos in iTunes on PC with devices - Apple Support to add photos and videos from a folder on your computer to your device. These will show up in the Photos app. Videos synced from Movies/TV Shows/Home Videos go to the TV app.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 1, 2022 3:39 AM in response to gauravsheoran

Okay, with little hit and trial, I figured as much that the videos that show up in the movies option are the videos that are on my PC. For some weird reason, it is not adding any photos there but only videos from whichever folder i am directing it to and the videos that are detected from previous folder are remaining in memory so they get auto detected to transfer to iphone whenever i connect iphone. Now only if someone can help me in making itunes show the pictures in the same way so that i can transfer them to iphone then that will be great.

Unable to copy Pics from Windows PC to iPhone using iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.