Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot move file to trash

I updated the operating system to Venture 13.0. When I try to move an outdated file to the trash, I get a pop-up window reading "Extension internal error." How can I restore the trash option?

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 1:46 PM

More and more people are encountering this issue with no real resolution yet. To delete something immediately to get around this Ventura bug, you can select the file you want to delete, then hold the command + option keys down and then hit the backspace (delete) key. It will confirm you want to delete the item immediately (bypassing the trash) and you can click OK. NOTE, this action does not allow you to go into the trash to retrieve the file. I've posted what the dialog looks like after you do the command + option + backspace (delete) keyboard combo:

I hope that helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2022 1:46 PM in response to carolfromwhite plains

More and more people are encountering this issue with no real resolution yet. To delete something immediately to get around this Ventura bug, you can select the file you want to delete, then hold the command + option keys down and then hit the backspace (delete) key. It will confirm you want to delete the item immediately (bypassing the trash) and you can click OK. NOTE, this action does not allow you to go into the trash to retrieve the file. I've posted what the dialog looks like after you do the command + option + backspace (delete) keyboard combo:

I hope that helps.

Cannot move file to trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.