Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot save files unless I restart my MacBook

Need some help or guidance please guys, I cannot save a file after working on my MacBook for a while. If I restart it, I can save a file but after a period of time it just cycles the wheel when trying to save a file on the drive or via cloud. this is also true for searching and attaching files to mail. after a restart it all works fine but after working on the MacBook for a while it won't work.

This with all software. I have also reinstalled the OS but problem persists as well as upgraded to Ventura.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 5:32 AM

Mafiaboy23 wrote:

Need some help or guidance please guys, I cannot save a file after working on my MacBook for a while. If I restart it, I can save a file but after a period of time it just cycles the wheel when trying to save a file on the drive or via cloud. this is also true for searching and attaching files to mail. after a restart it all works fine but after working on the MacBook for a while it won't work.

This with all software. I have also reinstalled the OS but problem persists as well as upgraded to Ventura.

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 5:32 AM in response to Mafiaboy23

Mafiaboy23 wrote:

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

Cannot save files unless I restart my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.