Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to force Magsafe charger firmware update?

Hello,

I've been using Magsafe to charge y iPhone 13 for 8 months now.

but the firmware is not updating for some reason, even when I leave it connected overnight.

I've read some feedbacks that it updates when connected to an iPad or MacBook. But unfortunately I don't own any of them.

Is there a way to get the Magsafe charger to update?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 10:50 AM

Hello Mohamed_Sahl, Are you referring to Apple Magsafe Battery Charger or just the Magsafe Charger that is plugged into the wall outlet to charge Apple device? If it is the Magsafe Battery Charger just leave it on your iPhone and it will update. This can take up to a week for it to happen and you won't be notified when it does. You can check which Firmware version you have by

having the battery connected to the back of iPhone and then in Settings > General > About > Scroll down under "Carrier Lock" the attached accessory menu will appear as "Apple MagSafe Charger". Tap this to view the listed firmware version. The Magsafe plug inversion can be checked the same way with the iPhone sitting on the charger and plugged in. To force an update I've heard the same thing in that you need to plug the Magsafe Battery into a iPad or MacBook, but I guess this does not help you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 10:50 AM in response to Mohamed_Sahl

Hello Mohamed_Sahl, Are you referring to Apple Magsafe Battery Charger or just the Magsafe Charger that is plugged into the wall outlet to charge Apple device? If it is the Magsafe Battery Charger just leave it on your iPhone and it will update. This can take up to a week for it to happen and you won't be notified when it does. You can check which Firmware version you have by

having the battery connected to the back of iPhone and then in Settings > General > About > Scroll down under "Carrier Lock" the attached accessory menu will appear as "Apple MagSafe Charger". Tap this to view the listed firmware version. The Magsafe plug inversion can be checked the same way with the iPhone sitting on the charger and plugged in. To force an update I've heard the same thing in that you need to plug the Magsafe Battery into a iPad or MacBook, but I guess this does not help you.

How to force Magsafe charger firmware update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.