Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm that chimes and vibrates on watch, but has to be turned off from phone.

I’m looking for a way to have my wake up alarm in the morning vibrate and chime on my Apple Watch but also to turn it off from my phone and not be able to turn it off from my watch. Does that make sence? Please and thankyou 🙏

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 8:02 AM

I get the idea-- I always keep the alarm clock across the room so I can't just turn it off and go back to sleep. But that wakes my wife. So it would be nice to have a private alarm, but still have to get up to turn it off.

I'll bet this will never happen with the Apple watch, though.

I'm thinking of being in an important business meeting and the watch alarm going off, but your phone is back in your office. Pretty embarrassing! Having no easy way to quickly shut off an alarm won't be a popular feature.

But, you can let Apple know you're interested in this idea:

Product Feedback - Apple

- maybe they can think of a way to make it work.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 8:02 AM in response to Ultrasolve

I get the idea-- I always keep the alarm clock across the room so I can't just turn it off and go back to sleep. But that wakes my wife. So it would be nice to have a private alarm, but still have to get up to turn it off.

I'll bet this will never happen with the Apple watch, though.

I'm thinking of being in an important business meeting and the watch alarm going off, but your phone is back in your office. Pretty embarrassing! Having no easy way to quickly shut off an alarm won't be a popular feature.

But, you can let Apple know you're interested in this idea:

Product Feedback - Apple

- maybe they can think of a way to make it work.

Alarm that chimes and vibrates on watch, but has to be turned off from phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.