Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Music as a non-streaming Player across devices

I would like to use Apple Music as the standard audio player for my own music. So i created a Playlist on my Mac, but I can't find a way to sync it to my iPhone. I don't use Apple Music for streaming, I'm a Spotify dude.

The playlist is pointing to an Audio Folder on my iCloud account.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 7:26 AM

Apple's Music App cannot access content in an iCloud Drive folder directly. While your devices will see the folder in iCloud Drive through the files app, and can even play the music through there, there is no way to point the Music app to it to access the music from there.

You can directly sync the music through the Finder to the devices and it will appear inside the Music app on the synced device however. Link-> Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 7:26 AM in response to stammgast

Apple's Music App cannot access content in an iCloud Drive folder directly. While your devices will see the folder in iCloud Drive through the files app, and can even play the music through there, there is no way to point the Music app to it to access the music from there.

You can directly sync the music through the Finder to the devices and it will appear inside the Music app on the synced device however. Link-> Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Using Apple Music as a non-streaming Player across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.