Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini seriously bad internet?

So I just set up a new mac mini 2020 m1, but for some reason the download speed is not getting above 0.8 Mb/s. The same connection on my phone and laptop is getting normal speeds of around 6Mbps. This makes me think it's a problem with the mac mini and not the router. However, when I hotspot from 4g on my phone, I get 17 Mbps on my mac mini...

Which makes me think it's not a problem with the mac.

The next thing I'll try is upgrading the OS from Monterey to Ventura. Which is going to take about a day when the download speed is at 0.3 Mbps.

Sadly a wired connection is out of the question ;(

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 8:43 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 1, 2022 1:31 PM in response to CameronBean

The Mac mini’s wireless antenna is built into the bottom cover and prone to week Wi-Fi and Bluetooth reception. Plus the addition of high sped USB and display cables can make the reception problem worse.

see > Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

As a test, try standing the Mac mini on it’s side with the bottom facing in the directions of the route to see if the Wi-Fi improves. If you like, you can get and use a side stand for the Mac mini.

Other options include moving the Mac mini closer to the router, getting a stronger Wi-Fi router or using a Wi-Fi Extender.

Mac Mini seriously bad internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.