Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a suspect malware app and can't remove it to trash bin What do I have to do?

I have a suspect malware app and can't remove it to trash bin

What do I have to do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 8:54 AM

2 replies

Nov 1, 2022 2:00 PM in response to boanerges128

Exactly what makes the User believe this is Malware ?

Is the computer acting oddly?

Is the Browser being redirected ?

Has the user downloaded and installed some software recently from an unknown developers ?

There is Adware & Malware which will affect the computer and is generally downloaded from “ Shady “ Websites or Developers who Inject this software into the download.

Should “ Certain & Specific Software “ referenced from above be installed - it will negatively impact macOS. It is suggested, download directly from the Developer , the application Malwarebytes for Mac

It is free or paid for added features. 

Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

I have a suspect malware app and can't remove it to trash bin What do I have to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.