Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IphoneX rear Camera only capture and displays white

I noticed my iphone X camera shows only black screen when on 1x camera but displays when on 2x but flashlight doesn't work.

Changed the camera and now portrait mode works, flashlight works in camera and from control centre, 2x works but main camera only displays white blank and takes plain white images.

Tried Resetting the phone and erasing the phone but I still get the same issue. What do I do?

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 11:09 AM

1 reply

Nov 3, 2022 8:49 AM in response to Drolamzz

Hi Drolamzz,

Since your camera is not working as expected on your iPhone, we recommend the steps in the following link: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

Next, we'd like to show you how to perform the recommended troubleshooting steps via the link above. Please click to open the link, then read through the steps in the section titled "Remove case, accessory, or film and test."

1) Remove any case, accessory, or film that might block the camera or flash or that places a magnet near the camera.

2) Test the camera by trying to take a photo.

3) Test the LED flash:

1. Try the flashlight in Control Center on your iPhone or Control Center on your iPad. On an iPhone X or later or an iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.

2. Tap the Flashlight button Flashlight icon.

If the flash works only sometimes, open the Camera app and tap the flash button   to choose a different setting.

If you want to try more steps on your own

If you prefer, here are some more steps you can try on your own if the camera isn't working. You might still need to contact Apple Support after following these steps. 

1) If the photo is blurry, clean the front and back camera lenses with a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens or if the camera lens appears to be misaligned or blocked, contact Apple Support to discuss service options.

2) Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch

3) Test the camera again by taking a photo. If your device has a front and rear camera, check if one or both isn’t working. To switch cameras, tap the rotate button .

The reason why we are recommending the steps above is because they will show you what to do if your photos are blurry or if the camera screen is black.

If you're still experiencing the same issue, then we recommend that you contact Apple Support directly so that they can work with you to find a solution. 

Contact - Official Apple Support

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

IphoneX rear Camera only capture and displays white

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.