Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy and paste edits in photos?

Has anyone managed to copy and paste edits in photos?

Using either my iMacPro or MacBook Air, both of them ALWAYS has Copy Edits greyed out.

I have tried using different types of photo files, jpeg, png, etc none of them seem to work.

I have also tried different types of edits too, from cropping to altering exposure. Still no luck.

I am using OS 13 Ventura on both Macs and Photos v8.

iMac Pro, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 12:40 PM

You can only copy and paste the edits done from the Adjustments panel, not the cropping or filters.

• Try to adjust the lighting or colours of a photo, then use the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘C to copy the adjustment.
  • Select another phot or several photos, then paste the adjustments with ⇧⌘V

You can't copy another adjustment, while you have not pasted the previously copied adjustment.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 12:40 PM in response to Colin Walton

You can only copy and paste the edits done from the Adjustments panel, not the cropping or filters.

• Try to adjust the lighting or colours of a photo, then use the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘C to copy the adjustment.
  • Select another phot or several photos, then paste the adjustments with ⇧⌘V

You can't copy another adjustment, while you have not pasted the previously copied adjustment.

Nov 2, 2022 3:54 AM in response to Colin Walton

Xes, it would be nice to able to copy the cropping rectangle as well, but it is really nice, that we can finallylift the light and color and sharpening adjustments without having to be in edit mode and batch stamp them on many photos at once.

You can see, that the cropping rectangle and straightening does not count as an adjustment, when you click the "Show without adjustments" button to the right of the traffic light in Edit mode. The cropping will stay the same, just the adjustments will change. On the other hand, it makes it easier to compare the adjusted photo to the original.

copy and paste edits in photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.