Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail Notes disappeared after iOS update!

I recently updated my iPhone to iOS 16, and when I went to Notes, I noticed that all but one of my Gmail Notes are no longer showing up on my phone, despite the fact that I've always had Notes synced to this Google account. I checked my email (because Notes usually show up as a label there, too) but the same thing - all but one are gone! Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried reaching out to both Apple and Google (how the **** do you talk to a REAL person!?!) and have heard conflicting information whether this is an Apple issue or a Google issue. Has anyone else experienced this? And, if so, do you know how to get Gmail Notes back. I had some really important Notes that I'd hate to lose!

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 2:53 PM

Use a computer or iPad to sign into your Google account and try to see if they are still on the web. If not then you may be able to recover them in Google - there is a google help forum.

If they are still on the web then on the phone make sure that in Settings, Notes, Accounts, the "Notes" option is still turned on in the Google account

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 2:53 PM in response to frustrated_and_need_help

Use a computer or iPad to sign into your Google account and try to see if they are still on the web. If not then you may be able to recover them in Google - there is a google help forum.

If they are still on the web then on the phone make sure that in Settings, Notes, Accounts, the "Notes" option is still turned on in the Google account

Gmail Notes disappeared after iOS update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.