Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help setting up new phone

I just purchase this phone today and it is not working. My old phone is still connected. How do i disconnect my old phone and use my new phone?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 9:20 PM

Your profile indicates that your new iPhone is an iPhone 14 Pro. NOTE: if you purchased the iPhone 14 Pro in the US, then none of the iPhone 14 models have a SIM card tray. These models can only use an eSIM.

It appears that you have not transferred the cellular service from your old phone to your new iPhone 14 Pro. Normally, you would simply remove the SIM card from your old iPhone and install it in your new phone to transfer service. If your iPhone 14 Pro is a US model then you will have to contact your carrier and have them switch service from your old phone (SIM) to your new iPhone through an eSIM.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 9:20 PM in response to shantelle197

Your profile indicates that your new iPhone is an iPhone 14 Pro. NOTE: if you purchased the iPhone 14 Pro in the US, then none of the iPhone 14 models have a SIM card tray. These models can only use an eSIM.

It appears that you have not transferred the cellular service from your old phone to your new iPhone 14 Pro. Normally, you would simply remove the SIM card from your old iPhone and install it in your new phone to transfer service. If your iPhone 14 Pro is a US model then you will have to contact your carrier and have them switch service from your old phone (SIM) to your new iPhone through an eSIM.

Axel F.

Help setting up new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.