You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud mail

My icloud mail account is not working. i have signed into it on the apple website and on the app and it comes up with a error message saying my account is not responsive. Is there anything I can do?

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 7:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 12:41 PM

Hi jorja37,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. The guidance from If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support is for issues such as this and may help. For instance, it looks like there was a recent outage that may have impacted iCloud Mail - Apple - Support - System Status. This and further steps from the mentioned article are below.

"Things to check first

1. Check the system status of iCloud Mail.
  2. Check that you turned on iCloud Mail:
    • On your Mac, open the Mail app then choose Mail >Preferences. Click Accounts, then select your iCloud account in the sidebar. Under Account Information, make sure that the account is turned on and the status is online. 
    • On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and check that Mail is turned on. 

3. Make sure you that haven't exceeded your iCloud storage limit. If you exceed your iCloud storage limit, learn how to make more space available in iCloud

4. Make sure that you're using the latest version of software on your device."

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2022 12:41 PM in response to jorja37

Hi jorja37,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. The guidance from If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support is for issues such as this and may help. For instance, it looks like there was a recent outage that may have impacted iCloud Mail - Apple - Support - System Status. This and further steps from the mentioned article are below.

"Things to check first

1. Check the system status of iCloud Mail.
  2. Check that you turned on iCloud Mail:
    • On your Mac, open the Mail app then choose Mail >Preferences. Click Accounts, then select your iCloud account in the sidebar. Under Account Information, make sure that the account is turned on and the status is online. 
    • On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and check that Mail is turned on. 

3. Make sure you that haven't exceeded your iCloud storage limit. If you exceed your iCloud storage limit, learn how to make more space available in iCloud

4. Make sure that you're using the latest version of software on your device."

Take care.

icloud mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.