Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen flickering at the bottom portion of my screen with horizontal lines

I'm using a Macbook Pro 2017 with Touch Bar. I noticed that every time I'm downloading or updating an application, even my OS, a flicker with horizontal lines occurs at the bottom part of my screen. It worsens every time, so what I have to do is put my Macbook into sleep mode, and the flicker will be gone for a little while and then come back again.

But, I also noticed that it also happens randomly when there's a heavy app running. I don't know anymore. I tried resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but it still occurs every time.

Is there any other way than going to a technician? Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 10:41 PM

One last thing you can try is to run the Apple Diagnostics to see if it uncovers any hardware issues with your notebook. Per chance, did your notebook experience any type of liquid spill?

Ref:

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 1, 2022 11:05 PM in response to bukoujuice

Hmm. Well everything you have been telling indicates that this may be a hardware issue ... with one or more of the following areas:

• The display itself.
  • The cable between the logic board and the display.
  • The logic board /GPU

As far as Apple Diagnostics, do you happen to have a monitor available? If so, you can try connecting your Mac to it, and then, run the tests.

Otherwise, since this is getting worse, your best course of action is to contact Apple Support directly. To do so, simply select the Get Support link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page. Good luck!

Screen flickering at the bottom portion of my screen with horizontal lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.