Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speaker/volume on iPad seems to work but I have no sound on music or videos/etc

Speaker/ volume button seems to be working on iPad but I have no sound on any apps/music/videos/etc

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 4:51 AM

Have you tried setting your audio volume from the Control Centre volume slider? Also check the you have not enabled Silent mode as illustrated here:

If you are experiencing difficulties setting the volume of System Sounds independently of your audio volume, try disabling Change with Buttons in your Sound settings:

Settings > Sounds > Change with Buttons

With Change with Buttons set to OFF, your physical volume buttons will only alter the audio volume; the volume of your System Sounds are then fully independent of the physical controls, and changed only via iPad Settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2022 4:51 AM in response to DeniseFlorida

Have you tried setting your audio volume from the Control Centre volume slider? Also check the you have not enabled Silent mode as illustrated here:

If you are experiencing difficulties setting the volume of System Sounds independently of your audio volume, try disabling Change with Buttons in your Sound settings:

Settings > Sounds > Change with Buttons

With Change with Buttons set to OFF, your physical volume buttons will only alter the audio volume; the volume of your System Sounds are then fully independent of the physical controls, and changed only via iPad Settings.

Speaker/volume on iPad seems to work but I have no sound on music or videos/etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.