Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Shared library empty on Mac

I updated my phone to a shared library (shared with my wife), everything looks normal on our phones. I just updated my Mac Studio to Ventura and Photos says my shared library is empty. My personal library is showing as expected.

Mac Studio

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 5:56 AM

Ok, looks like it's syncing now... for the first 10-15 mins it wasn't giving me any feedback or sync status and just saying the shared library was empty but I noticed the library was increasing in size... so I waited a bit and now it showing my photos as normal and finishing up the sync.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2022 5:56 AM in response to khargy

Ok, looks like it's syncing now... for the first 10-15 mins it wasn't giving me any feedback or sync status and just saying the shared library was empty but I noticed the library was increasing in size... so I waited a bit and now it showing my photos as normal and finishing up the sync.

Photos Shared library empty on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.