Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying gray screen comes everytime when i…

Annoying gray screen comes everytime i call someone, send sms or just turn off my monile data. Does anyone know how to turn it off?

Thanks in advance!

P.s. the photo is a message of how much internet ive used, how much sms sent or how long have i talked with someone ^

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 5:10 PM

Hey ShovelforSale,

A good first step whenever anything is not behaving as you expect, is to restart the iPhone using “slide to power off”, which  can often clear up issues. This explains how: Restart your iPhone 

If you still see this screen after restarting, share some more details, such as:

1. What app or feature are you using when this appears.

2. What happens when you tap on dismiss

3. Which iPhone and exact version of iOS you have

Also, the notification may come from the device being placed into lost mode using the Find My app. In order to confirm, can you sign into the Find My app on the device using your Apple ID and check that the device has not been placed into lost mode. 

You can find more info about lost mode using this article: Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 5:10 PM in response to ShovelforSale

Hey ShovelforSale,

A good first step whenever anything is not behaving as you expect, is to restart the iPhone using “slide to power off”, which  can often clear up issues. This explains how: Restart your iPhone 

If you still see this screen after restarting, share some more details, such as:

1. What app or feature are you using when this appears.

2. What happens when you tap on dismiss

3. Which iPhone and exact version of iOS you have

Also, the notification may come from the device being placed into lost mode using the Find My app. In order to confirm, can you sign into the Find My app on the device using your Apple ID and check that the device has not been placed into lost mode. 

You can find more info about lost mode using this article: Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards.

Nov 5, 2022 2:07 AM in response to BrianK90

Thanks for replying and no, restarting it doesn't really help.

It happens anytime i turn off my mobile data, it doesn't matter what app I've used or which app I'm using.

When i tap Dismiss nothing the screen goes and nothing else happens, it just continue from the place before it appeared.

Im using iPhone XS with IOS 16.0.

Also ive checked and no, my device is not in lost mode.

Thanks for trying to help!

:-)

Best regards.

Nov 5, 2022 6:58 AM in response to ShovelforSale

Hi ShovelforSale,

Looking back at what you described the message saying, and since it only occurs when you turn off mobile data, we think it may be coming from your mobile provider.

Have you contacted them about this yet?

Or, check if they have a webpage for support, as it may mention that. Or someone else may have previously asked.

Let us know what you find out.

Take care!

Annoying gray screen comes everytime when i…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.