You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

partition a mac mini

I'm buying a new Mac Mini and I want to run IOS and Windows 10 on it. What is the simplest way to do this?

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 10:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 3:59 PM

As I said, M1 / M2 Macs cannot run any commercial version of Windows in any way.

Parallels Desktop will let you run the ARM64 Insider Preview version of Windows 11. It's technically a work in progress, not a public release, and is not compatible with most regular Windows applications. You can only run ARM based applications on it, and it's not released to the general public yet. As such, there is no real support for it from Microsoft or Apple.

If you need to run Windows and Windows applications, do not choose an M1 / M2 Mac at this time.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2022 3:59 PM in response to Rob683

As I said, M1 / M2 Macs cannot run any commercial version of Windows in any way.

Parallels Desktop will let you run the ARM64 Insider Preview version of Windows 11. It's technically a work in progress, not a public release, and is not compatible with most regular Windows applications. You can only run ARM based applications on it, and it's not released to the general public yet. As such, there is no real support for it from Microsoft or Apple.

If you need to run Windows and Windows applications, do not choose an M1 / M2 Mac at this time.

Nov 2, 2022 10:44 AM in response to Rob683

If you buy an M1 Mac mini, you cannot use Bootcamp or run an actual released version of Windows on it.

If you buy an older Intel Mac mini, then you can install Windows using Bootcamp as shown the support document you posted from. That is the only way to do this. You can partition the drive or use a secondary drive to install Windows onto.

partition a mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.