Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

in iPadOS 16, in Mail.app, how can I change the Archive icon to the Trash icon

In iPadOS 16, in Mail.app, how can I change the Archive icon to the Trash icon? I’ve found instructions for earlier OSes but can’t find the setting they’re talking about in the newest iPadOS.

Thanks!

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 10:48 AM

The Mail App mailbox icons cannot themselves be changed - but you can control delivery of deleted mail to either the Trash or Archive mailbox:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your Mail Account] > [Account] > Advanced > [Move Discarded Messages Into] -

Select Deleted Mailbox or Archive Mailbox

4 replies

Nov 2, 2022 10:59 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks, that help me find the setting, but instead of automatically archiving the email when I click that button I get a drop down which says only Archive Message. That setting in previous OSes would cause the email to go into Trash and also cause the icon to change to the Trash icon, but the icon stayed as the Archive.

I’m going to try shutting the iPad down and restarting. I’ll let you know if that helps.

in iPadOS 16, in Mail.app, how can I change the Archive icon to the Trash icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.