Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login - Old iPad

I recently purchased an iPad, I don't know which one, but it does have the version 5.1.1 It says the model is MB293LL. I have tried to login multiple times on Icloud, Mail, and App Store. It says I need a two-factor authentication. The problem is the key generator does not pop up. I tried to get a recovery key but I never got one? I tried to generate a new one, but sadly the only way I can log in to my apple ID is through the computer on the browser.

iPad

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 5:12 PM

Sadly, if you have purchased an iPad with iOS 5.1.1 installed, then you have purchased a long-ago obsolete first generation iPad - this being confirmed by the quote model number.

The iPad1 cannot be updated to a more recent version of iOS. The iPad1 is a 32-bit architecture device; all compatible Apps for 32-bit devices have been de-listed from the Apple App Store - and as such, there are no Apps available for your iPad.

With sincere regret, I can only suggest that you abandon any hope of being able to successfully activate and use the iPad1.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2022 5:12 PM in response to houseofgold21

Sadly, if you have purchased an iPad with iOS 5.1.1 installed, then you have purchased a long-ago obsolete first generation iPad - this being confirmed by the quote model number.

The iPad1 cannot be updated to a more recent version of iOS. The iPad1 is a 32-bit architecture device; all compatible Apps for 32-bit devices have been de-listed from the Apple App Store - and as such, there are no Apps available for your iPad.

With sincere regret, I can only suggest that you abandon any hope of being able to successfully activate and use the iPad1.

Login - Old iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.