Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i remember my Apple ID and Password but dont have recovery key and trusted device. how should i log in to device ?

I logged out from all my ios devices due to some reason and now i am trying back to login. I have my Apple ID and password with me but not recovery key. how should i proceed further as its asking recovery key

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 7:18 AM

- With two-factor authentication (the current security system) and an Apple device, you have the option to generate a recovery key to help improve account security.

- When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery.

- "Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

- See the document for how to generate a key.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 7:18 AM in response to SagarL

- With two-factor authentication (the current security system) and an Apple device, you have the option to generate a recovery key to help improve account security.

- When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery.

- "Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

- See the document for how to generate a key.

i remember my Apple ID and Password but dont have recovery key and trusted device. how should i log in to device ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.