Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Account recovery

Hi I've lost all my trusted devices and forgot the password,somehow I managed to see an old screenshot I took with a recovery key and was excited to put it in but then it asked for a password again🥵 how can I recover my account with just the recovery key

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 6:05 PM

- If you forget your Apple ID password and do not know your recovery key, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode.

- When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery ( How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ).

- "Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 6:05 PM in response to Nigelmus

- If you forget your Apple ID password and do not know your recovery key, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode.

- When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery ( How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ).

- "Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

Account recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.