Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping notes on my Mac but not in the cloud

I have notes that I want only on my laptop, but they have appeared on my other devices because they have gone "automatically" to the cloud. How can I undo this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 9:45 AM

See the article Change settings in Notes on Mac – Apple Support

Enable the On My Mac account

Store notes on your computer using the On My Mac account.

Another article About accounts and folders in Notes on Mac - Apple Support

• You can only move or copy locked notes between folders in your iCloud and On My Mac accounts (and you may need to unlock them to do so).

Right click on the note in iCloud section and move to " on my Mac " this will remove the iCloud notes and move to the folder in " on my Mac " , the other devices like iPhone / iPad that are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network will remove that particular note , apply in the same way for all other notes .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 9:45 AM in response to ITMSimon

See the article Change settings in Notes on Mac – Apple Support

Enable the On My Mac account

Store notes on your computer using the On My Mac account.

Another article About accounts and folders in Notes on Mac - Apple Support

• You can only move or copy locked notes between folders in your iCloud and On My Mac accounts (and you may need to unlock them to do so).

Right click on the note in iCloud section and move to " on my Mac " this will remove the iCloud notes and move to the folder in " on my Mac " , the other devices like iPhone / iPad that are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network will remove that particular note , apply in the same way for all other notes .

Keeping notes on my Mac but not in the cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.