Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection issue

Whenever I leave home and disconnect from Wi-Fi I have to reset my phone every time in order to use data. Safari or maps won’t work until I reset the phone. If anyone in the community has had this issue please feel free to give me insight regarding this issue. Thanks in advance

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 4:55 PM

MikeC2320 Said:

"Connection issue: Whenever I leave home and disconnect from Wi-Fi I have to reset my phone every time in order to use data. Safari or maps won’t work until I reset the phone. If anyone in the community has had this issue please feel free to give me insight regarding this issue. Thanks in advance "

-------

No. I have not come across this.

See if anything here helps:

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2022 4:55 PM in response to MikeC2320

MikeC2320 Said:

"Connection issue: Whenever I leave home and disconnect from Wi-Fi I have to reset my phone every time in order to use data. Safari or maps won’t work until I reset the phone. If anyone in the community has had this issue please feel free to give me insight regarding this issue. Thanks in advance "

-------

No. I have not come across this.

See if anything here helps:

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Connection issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.