Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 says, "Connect to iTunes". Catalina doesn't seem to be able to attach to it

I have an old iPhone 4 I have continued to use as a music player, but now it says "Phone is disabled. Connect to iTunes" but doesn't seem to be able to connect to the computer it was loaded from, using OS X Catalina. What do I do?

iPhone 4

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 3:48 AM

See If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Device management duties have moved to Finder in Catalina and later versions of macOS.

tt2

2 replies

Nov 2, 2022 6:56 PM in response to TucsonRich

TucsonRich Said:

"iPhone 4 says, 'Connect to iTunes'. Catalina doesn't seem to be able to attach to it"

-------

Cant find iTunes?:

iTunes is No More: For a more recent Apple device (mocOS Catalina or later), the TV app is used for TV Shows and Movies, and the Music app is used for Music. Find Out More Here: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

So, use either Music or TV for this.

iPhone 4 says, "Connect to iTunes". Catalina doesn't seem to be able to attach to it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.