Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 says, "Connect to iTunes". Catalina doesn't seem to be able to attach to it

I have an old iPhone 4 I have continued to use as a music player, but now it says "Phone is disabled. Connect to iTunes" but doesn't seem to be able to connect to the computer it was loaded from, using OS X Catalina. What do I do?

iPhone 4

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 3:48 AM

See If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Device management duties have moved to Finder in Catalina and later versions of macOS.

tt2

2 replies

Nov 2, 2022 6:56 PM in response to TucsonRich

TucsonRich Said:

"iPhone 4 says, 'Connect to iTunes'. Catalina doesn't seem to be able to attach to it"

-------

Cant find iTunes?:

iTunes is No More: For a more recent Apple device (mocOS Catalina or later), the TV app is used for TV Shows and Movies, and the Music app is used for Music. Find Out More Here: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

So, use either Music or TV for this.

iPhone 4 says, "Connect to iTunes". Catalina doesn't seem to be able to attach to it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.