Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Log-in Notification, But What???

I just got a popup telling me my Apple ID is now being used for iMessage on a new iPad. Great, but the only option given is that I can ignore it, if I've recently signed into "iPad". Well WHAT IF I HAVEN'T JUST SIGNED IN??? Cause I didn't, and so now what should I do? This is so ridiculous and completely unhelpful, as it's so incomplete.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 8:17 PM

Saxman Said:

"Log-in Notification, But What???: I just got a popup telling me my Apple ID is now being used for iMessage on a new iPad. Great, but the only option given is that I can ignore it, if I've recently signed into "iPad". Well WHAT IF I HAVEN'T JUST SIGNED IN???[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)don't stare your login info, (B.) verify your devices, and (C)secure your account:

A. Verify your Devices:

Verify all devices that are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Anything that is not yours? If so, modify your credentials.

then...

B. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2022 8:17 PM in response to Saxman

Saxman Said:

"Log-in Notification, But What???: I just got a popup telling me my Apple ID is now being used for iMessage on a new iPad. Great, but the only option given is that I can ignore it, if I've recently signed into "iPad". Well WHAT IF I HAVEN'T JUST SIGNED IN???[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)don't stare your login info, (B.) verify your devices, and (C)secure your account:

A. Verify your Devices:

Verify all devices that are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Anything that is not yours? If so, modify your credentials.

then...

B. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

Nov 29, 2022 6:22 PM in response to Saxman

Saxman Said:

"Log-in Notification, But What???: You said should use a new email address, and make that my Apple ID, yet in your second answer, you say 'you can never change your Apple email address' so..... change it, or I can't change it?"

-------

Yes. Change the eMail Address. An Apple ID is an eMail address. So, create a new eMail address, and assign that to your Apple ID. Just don't create a new Apple Account, as Apple Accounts cannot be merged.

1. Go here: About your Apple ID eMail Addresses - Apple Support.
  2. As it reads: "In most cases, your Apple ID is also the primary email address of your Apple ID account."

Nov 29, 2022 4:01 PM in response to Saxman

Saxman Said:

"Log-in Notification, But What???:

Q1. "I think what might be happening, is something that's been going on now for a long, long time."

A1. Secure you account, as I mentioned in my previous reply. You would use a new eMail address and assign that as your Apple ID. Use it for Apple, and only Apple. Go here: How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

You would not be creating a new Apple Account, but would rather be assigning an eMail to your current Apple ID.

Q2. "Some other people have been using some of my Mac addresses, my 'mac.com', 'me.com' & 'icloud.com',"

A2. Look in your Sent folder, seeing if any unrecognizable activity is seen. Note that you can never change your Apple eMail address. You can, however, create up to three aliases for your account. Go Here: Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Q3. "Why Apple's mail system is that full of holes is a bit disconcerting, as is their indifference to fixing this, or even in contacting those wrongly using my email addresses.."

A3. Give Apple Feedback On this: Apple ID: How to Provide Apple Feedback for this Category - User Tip

Nov 28, 2022 10:23 PM in response to TheLittles

I think what might be happening, is something that's been going on now for a long, long time. Some other people have been using some of my Mac addresses, my "mac.com", "me.com" & "icloud.com", yet even when I talk to Apple Support, they act like there's nothing they can do! I suggest emailing them and telling them to stop using my addresses, or to cut their access. I don't think they have my Mac ID or password, but a couple do have the same first initial and last name as me, which still shouldn't be enough for them to get my mail, which I still get as well. I've reached out and tried to contact a couple of the people myself, but with no response.

Why Apple's mail system is that full of holes is a bit disconcerting, as is their indifference to fixing this, or even in contacting those wrongly using my email addresses..

Nov 29, 2022 6:08 PM in response to TheLittles

You said should use a new email address, and make that my Apple ID, yet in your second answer, you say "you can never change your Apple email address", so..... change it, or I can't change it? And what do you mean by using it for Apple & only Apple? I'm not sure how using a different email address only for Apple, will solve the issue of other people using my iCloud mail email addresses.

I looked in my Sent folder, and only messages I've sent are there, so that doesn't tell me anything. Well, except make it more confusing, cause obviously, if others are sending emails using my address, they should show up in the Sent folder, just as when others respond to them, those messages end up in my inbox! And if they end up in mine, how & why are they also ending up in the other people's inboxes, if they don't have the addresses I got via Apple? It's totally bizarre, I get responses to their actions, by the parties they've interacted with, yet the messages they send aren't in my Sent folder, and why do we both receive responses?

Log-in Notification, But What???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.