Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I keep getting an apple ID pop-up to verify the password and whatnot of a different person's email. How do I get rid of it so I can finally use iMessage?

I'm unable to turn on iMessage. When I try to, it asks me to enter the password of an apple ID that isn't even logged in my phone. As such, I am unable to use my phone to the fullest because of this limitation. Not to mention it appears randomly every now and then, it's getting really annoying. How do I get rid of it?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 3:50 AM

Try and go to settings>messages to see if your iPhone and your Apple ID are stated there

If not have you bought this phone second hand? Maybe the old users' is still registered to messages

after that try this

• Try to restart your iPhone or iPad.
  • Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
  • Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  • If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you don't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier might not support this feature.
  • Make sure that your device has enough space to receive images and videos.
  • Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.

After that

Contact Apple Support if you still can't send or receive messages

See this link for further reference

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 3:50 AM in response to ggwp228

Try and go to settings>messages to see if your iPhone and your Apple ID are stated there

If not have you bought this phone second hand? Maybe the old users' is still registered to messages

after that try this

• Try to restart your iPhone or iPad.
  • Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
  • Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  • If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you don't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier might not support this feature.
  • Make sure that your device has enough space to receive images and videos.
  • Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.

After that

Contact Apple Support if you still can't send or receive messages

See this link for further reference

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I keep getting an apple ID pop-up to verify the password and whatnot of a different person's email. How do I get rid of it so I can finally use iMessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.