Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need text messages that didnt back up

I need old text messages broke my phone couldnt back it up or transfer how can i get my old messages back

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 8:12 PM

If you had turned on Messages in iCloud your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is never backed up and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID

3 replies

Nov 2, 2022 8:16 PM in response to stedman129

I understand that you have no backups created of your iPhone ( Computer or iCloud). If this is the case then there is nothing that you have to recover those text messages from. Did you use iCloud for Messages by any chance? If YES, then you can do the same on your new iPhone and those messages should be synced with the new iPhone.

If you did not create backups and you did not use iCloud for Messages, then the only way to recover those messages is by transferring the data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. This, of course, will only work if you get the old broken iPhone repaired.

Axel F.

need text messages that didnt back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.