Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro screen freezes at Photos. The cursor moves but no response from any button.

My MacBook Pro screen freezes at Photos. The cursor moves but no response from any button. How should I resolve this please?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 9:59 AM

If Safe Mode doesn't fix the problem as a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread. If the problem is gone in the test library try to open your current library again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 9:59 AM in response to LilianLau

If Safe Mode doesn't fix the problem as a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread. If the problem is gone in the test library try to open your current library again.

My MacBook Pro screen freezes at Photos. The cursor moves but no response from any button.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.