Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sync photos to my iPad

Itunes refuses to sync photos to ipad air 2022.

I have about 11000 pictures located on my

windows computer in "itunes pictures" separated in "years"

and there has been now problem sync to my older ipad air 2, and I am very

confused as it seems my new ipad didn't accept sync.

I have of course checked the picture folders (about 100).

It start as usual with reading pics but ends after "copying 1-19" and then leave the sync without any copying.

What can be wrong?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 4:15 AM

Given that the problem exists with multiple devices, the issue is unlikely to be device related - but is instead more likely to be a problem with either your Windows PC - or your iTunes for Windows installation. As such, this is perhaps not the best area of the Apple Support Community to receive advice relating to your PC and iTunes.

You might be best advised to seek help here:

iTunes for Windows - Apple Community

As an alternative to using iTunes for Windows, perhaps consider using iTunes for Windows - and synchronise your Photos using iCloud:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

iCloud for Windows

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 4:15 AM in response to llars38

Given that the problem exists with multiple devices, the issue is unlikely to be device related - but is instead more likely to be a problem with either your Windows PC - or your iTunes for Windows installation. As such, this is perhaps not the best area of the Apple Support Community to receive advice relating to your PC and iTunes.

You might be best advised to seek help here:

iTunes for Windows - Apple Community

As an alternative to using iTunes for Windows, perhaps consider using iTunes for Windows - and synchronise your Photos using iCloud:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

iCloud for Windows

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

Nov 3, 2022 9:36 AM in response to LotusPilot

Sorry to say, during a long conversation with apple support i Norway, I tried to open icloud, but stopped because I got a popup with something about "Finder" and a strong warning "11000 pictures is deleted if you proceed". The support told that this had something to do with Mac, but I never have used mac og icloud. So I stopped and as mentioned above, the case is fixed with all 50 GB transferred.

Unable to sync photos to my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.