Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos don't sync to iPad

After updating to iOS 15.1 on my iPad, all the photos disappeared (except those just on the iPad) and will not sync photo from Mac even after multiple tries.

Before the iOS update, I ran a sync on the iPad (also iPhone) and photos were still there on both.

Previously in sync screen, if chose the option under photos to select folders, the list of the folders would show - now it does not show for iPhone or iPad. Select all folders is my selection,

(not updating phone until am sure this won't happen on phone)

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 9:08 PM

After an Apple Advisor assisted in a complete HD wipe and then restore all apps/data and associated files it was discovered tonight that in Photos prefs the “use as system photo library” was not checked.

That solved the issue. It was not a sync error or caused by the update to iOS 15.1, just a default setting.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 9:08 PM in response to Shannon_DN

After an Apple Advisor assisted in a complete HD wipe and then restore all apps/data and associated files it was discovered tonight that in Photos prefs the “use as system photo library” was not checked.

That solved the issue. It was not a sync error or caused by the update to iOS 15.1, just a default setting.

Nov 19, 2021 10:55 AM in response to Derryl S

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Derryl S!

From our understanding, you’re unable to sync your photos to your iPad. We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

To start, make sure to follow all the steps found here: Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

It also sounds like your devices aren’t showing in the side bar when connecting them. To address that specifically, check out the steps here: If your device doesn’t appear in the sidebar when connected to Mac - Apple Support

We hope that helps.

photos don't sync to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.