Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation for iMessage/FaceTime unable to receive sms

I swapped my contract from EE to 02 9 days ago now, still unable to make receive calls unless on a 02 number, OTP not coming through contacted 02 done a sim swap and still the same, was advised by apple to do this too, still nothing. Reset my device back to factory settings/ networks settings and switched off numerous times, i am able to make phone calls out so this is the confusing thing.

i have my number there it is correct on my number, it is there on my iMessages/FaceTime but just the dial going around and around saying waiting for activation? Who is supposed to do this and sort it as it is just getting past from pillar to post.

I have done everything i can think possible.

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 4:38 AM

Set up imessage and facetime after change of number. (do this again if the number changes again)

Settings, Messages, Turn off iMessage

Settings, Face Time, Turn off Face Time

Restart the phone.

Settings, Messages, Turn on iMessage, SMS, MMS

Settings, Messages, send & Receive, select your number which should now be there.

Settings, Face Time, Turn on Face Time

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Problem activating iMessage

See If you can't turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2022 4:38 AM in response to Laura-G256

Set up imessage and facetime after change of number. (do this again if the number changes again)

Settings, Messages, Turn off iMessage

Settings, Face Time, Turn off Face Time

Restart the phone.

Settings, Messages, Turn on iMessage, SMS, MMS

Settings, Messages, send & Receive, select your number which should now be there.

Settings, Face Time, Turn on Face Time

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Problem activating iMessage

See If you can't turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime – Apple Support (UK)

Activation for iMessage/FaceTime unable to receive sms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.