Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Airpods Pro SN is genuine and verified, however, when connecting I get a notification saying they are not genuine

My Airpods Pro serial number is genuine and verified, however, when connecting I get a notification saying they are not genuine. Please let me know how we can sort this out..

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 11:38 AM

Hi,

Sometimes serial numbers can be counterfeited and appear genuine when they are not. The notification is probably correct. You may want to ask the supplier that you got your AirPods from if they are genuine or not.

Hope this has helped, please don't hesitate to reply if needed.

Will

4 replies

Nov 3, 2022 11:27 PM in response to Solomon313

That is certainly strange, I’d take a look at the link posted by Johnathan, and if the issues persist, it may be worthwhile taking them into an Apple Store and having them look at it, especially if you can find proof of your purchase back in 2020.

I wish you all the best with getting your issue solved, but as always don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

Will

My Airpods Pro SN is genuine and verified, however, when connecting I get a notification saying they are not genuine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.