Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Movie to YouTube can not upload

What is wrong with Imovie. I can not upload to YouTube and I can not save my movie anywhere without Imovie is shutting down.

regards

carriagemaker

iMac Pro

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 4:33 PM

Lots of things can cause an app to crash. Nothing to do but some trouble shooting. Try the procedures below.

Make sure that you have sufficient application space on the internal drive on which the iMovie app is located. You would want 30-35 GB of free space.

If you haven't done so already, Update your software to current versions.

You could also try booting up in Safe Mode and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal

mode. Then see if iMovie works properly.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

You can also try deleting preferences by opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and deleting preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. It is a safe procedure that will not cause loss of data.

Put your media into a newly created project and see if you can export the new project without crashing.

Resetting the System Management Controller

Try resetting the System Management Controller (but no longer available for the new M1 computers):

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 4:33 PM in response to Carriagemaker

Lots of things can cause an app to crash. Nothing to do but some trouble shooting. Try the procedures below.

Make sure that you have sufficient application space on the internal drive on which the iMovie app is located. You would want 30-35 GB of free space.

If you haven't done so already, Update your software to current versions.

You could also try booting up in Safe Mode and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal

mode. Then see if iMovie works properly.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

You can also try deleting preferences by opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and deleting preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. It is a safe procedure that will not cause loss of data.

Put your media into a newly created project and see if you can export the new project without crashing.

Resetting the System Management Controller

Try resetting the System Management Controller (but no longer available for the new M1 computers):

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

-- Rich

I Movie to YouTube can not upload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.