Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know which migration assistant to use. I have inherited a MacBookPro

My brother gave me his old MacBookPro 13 inch. Which migration assistant do I choose to transfer information from my PC

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 7:19 AM

ChrisandT1ny wrote:

My brother gave me his old MacBookPro 13 inch. Which migration assistant do I choose to transfer information from my PC

from the  drop down you can see the current macOS if you can bootup and log in

>About this Mac—> macOS

Move your data from a Windows PC to a Mac - Apple Support

However— I would refer you to this help topic to get back to a clean slate, or you could be setting yourself up for issues related to AppleID/Accounts/security/locking yourself out, etc

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2022 7:19 AM in response to ChrisandT1ny

ChrisandT1ny wrote:

>About this Mac—> macOS

However— I would refer you to this help topic to get back to a clean slate, or you could be setting yourself up for issues related to AppleID/Accounts/security/locking yourself out, etc

Nov 4, 2022 7:21 AM in response to leroydouglas

ChrisandT1ny wrote:

>About this Mac—> macOS

How do I know which migration assistant to use. I have inherited a MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.