Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

random popping sound

Hi

I have been getting this random popping sound from my mac with the lid open as well as closed. I read a few posts regarding this issue earlier and my issue seems to be similar. Is there any resolution for this? It seems to be a hardware issue.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 5:20 AM

As long as it isn't happening only during playback of MP3 music, bring it up to an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Issues from static electricity, to small components in the fans, to circuits not being manages properly by power management can all be to blame. If the issue only happens when the headphone jack is not connected, then it probably is a problem with the built-in speakers. If it only happens when you are using headphones via the minijack, then there might be dust in the audio jack

MP3 music that is compressed too much may have such audio anomalies. I recommend using a minimum of 192 kbps compression.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2022 5:20 AM in response to guptasonal

As long as it isn't happening only during playback of MP3 music, bring it up to an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Issues from static electricity, to small components in the fans, to circuits not being manages properly by power management can all be to blame. If the issue only happens when the headphone jack is not connected, then it probably is a problem with the built-in speakers. If it only happens when you are using headphones via the minijack, then there might be dust in the audio jack

MP3 music that is compressed too much may have such audio anomalies. I recommend using a minimum of 192 kbps compression.

random popping sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.