Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura and bluetooth mouse stutter and lag

I've upgraded to Ventura on my two year old Mac mini. I have an apple wireless mouse and immediately it started to stutter or lag. Keyboard is ok. No other bluetooth devices are connected. What is going on? I've seen comments on web seaches about this. What has Apple done?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 3:14 AM

Still having problems but mainly with the apple keyboard. I think I'll end up going back to a wired keyboard. The stories of people having to pay to have the bluetooth modurle replaced is crazy. It seems Apple are not addressing the issue as they have forced people to pay for bluetooth repairs. My apple tracker pad works the best. The keyboard is intermittent. I've managed to write this today but yesterday it was terrible. Every second word missing a letter. Then I got repeat letters. Poor show by Apple.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 3:14 AM in response to Fin-Bar-Baz

Still having problems but mainly with the apple keyboard. I think I'll end up going back to a wired keyboard. The stories of people having to pay to have the bluetooth modurle replaced is crazy. It seems Apple are not addressing the issue as they have forced people to pay for bluetooth repairs. My apple tracker pad works the best. The keyboard is intermittent. I've managed to write this today but yesterday it was terrible. Every second word missing a letter. Then I got repeat letters. Poor show by Apple.

Jan 21, 2023 5:40 AM in response to qweszxcj

Same issue since I upgraded to Ventura. Mouse is a Logitech MX Anywhere 3.

The issue can be resolved by resetting the Mac’s Bluetooth Module. Open the terminal and type: sudo pkill bluetoothd

This solved the issue for me for some days, but then the lagging started again. Repeated the above process.

Let's hope Apple will fix this annoying bug soon...

Mar 16, 2023 1:05 PM in response to 肉啃肉

Same issue; wired mouse G203 USB, and an M-5xx wireless with unifying receiver.

I think this issue also happened with 12.x, but it became much more noticeable with 13.x (currently 13.2.1).

Doesn't seem to happen with the trackpad, but I can't use the trackpad in docked-mode.

I thought I was going crazy until I googled it and saw other people having this problem. It's super annoying.

(hardware: 2.6 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7 macbook pro).

Been using apples since iie, and this problem is a ridiculous clownshow.

Ventura and bluetooth mouse stutter and lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.