Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple account recovery with a broken phone

I have broken my phone (touchscreen stopped working) and i also can't remember my icloud password. I have an ipad which is not currently signed in to the icloud, but has been previously/is associated with my icloud.

I have tried numerous account reset options but none of these have worked. I have got an old phone i am using with a new icloud.

When i do the account recovery, it is asking me for the passcode of the broken iphone - here is where it gets complicated - when i installed some apps i need for work i had to change my iphone passcode to higher security and one that therefore includes letters too. When the account recovery asks for my passcode for my iphone, it doesn't give me an option to enter a passcode with letters. So i was trying to remember the old passcode with letters and none of these work. I am completely stuck - any ideas?

My phone is under warranty with o2 but i cannot send it for repair as i can't disconnect the icloud from it, as i need the password.

I have been through the account recovery process twice and have not received the text with instructions. I have waited two weeks for each of these texts to come so have been without a proper phone for a month now.

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 9:12 AM

Hello JKS1989,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you updated your passcode for your phone because of some apps you installed for work but the passcode isn't working so you started account recovery because you also couldn't remember your iCloud password. We'd like to help!

For the passcode issue, let's try the steps below.

"Step 1: Make sure that you have a computer (Mac or PC)

This process requires a Mac or PC. If you're using a PC, make sure that it has Windows 10 or later, and that iTunes is installed. You also need the cable that came with your iPhone, or another compatible cable, to connect your iPhone to the computer.

If you don't have a computer and you can't borrow one, you need to go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help."

The remaining troubleshooting steps can be found in this article: If you forgot your iPhone passcode

If you don't have a computer then you can follow the steps in this article: How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer

For the issue with your iCloud password, let's try the steps in this article: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

"At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID."

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2022 9:12 AM in response to JKS1989

Hello JKS1989,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you updated your passcode for your phone because of some apps you installed for work but the passcode isn't working so you started account recovery because you also couldn't remember your iCloud password. We'd like to help!

For the passcode issue, let's try the steps below.

"Step 1: Make sure that you have a computer (Mac or PC)

This process requires a Mac or PC. If you're using a PC, make sure that it has Windows 10 or later, and that iTunes is installed. You also need the cable that came with your iPhone, or another compatible cable, to connect your iPhone to the computer.

If you don't have a computer and you can't borrow one, you need to go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help."

The remaining troubleshooting steps can be found in this article: If you forgot your iPhone passcode

If you don't have a computer then you can follow the steps in this article: How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer

For the issue with your iCloud password, let's try the steps in this article: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

"At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID."

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Apple account recovery with a broken phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.