Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

still i couldn't send message from UK to the philippines. I'm using iphone6. does iOS has something to do with it since iphone6 can only update up to 12.5.6

still i couldn't send message from UK to the philippines. I'm using iphone6. does iOS has something to do with it since iphone6 can only update up to 12.5.6

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 5:05 AM

Send a message??

Imessage or SMS is independant of iOS version. If the recipient is not an iPhone user you need to know if your neytwork provider and their network provider allow international SMS texting

If they are an iphone user then both of you could do this

Settings, Messages, Turn off iMessage

Settings, Face Time, Turn off Face Time

Restart the phone.

Settings, Messages, Turn on iMessage, SMS, MMS

Settings, Messages, send & Receive, select your number which should now be there.

Settings, Face Time, Turn on Face Time

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2022 5:05 AM in response to Fortemil31

Send a message??

Imessage or SMS is independant of iOS version. If the recipient is not an iPhone user you need to know if your neytwork provider and their network provider allow international SMS texting

If they are an iphone user then both of you could do this

Settings, Messages, Turn off iMessage

Settings, Face Time, Turn off Face Time

Restart the phone.

Settings, Messages, Turn on iMessage, SMS, MMS

Settings, Messages, send & Receive, select your number which should now be there.

Settings, Face Time, Turn on Face Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.