Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The instructions for setting up my Apple Watch Cellular tell me to tap Cellular in my iphone watch app. There is no Cellular option, it is now called Mobile Data and doesn't show me how to connect to the cellular plan on my iphone.

The instructions for setting up my Apple Watch Cellular tell me to tap Cellular in my iphone watch app. There is no Cellular option, it is now called Mobile Data and doesn't show me how to connect to the cellular plan on my iphone.

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 10:09 AM

Hi there BadServiceHater,

We're happy to help. To start, you'll want to be sure your Apple Watch and paired iPhone meet these requirements:

Before you start
- Make sure that you have the latest software on your iPhone and your Apple Watch.
- Check for updates to your carrier settings.
- Make sure that you have an eligible cellular service plan with a supported carrier. Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same carrier,* and you must be within your carrier's network when you set up cellular on your watch.
- If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company or carrier to see if they support this feature. Pre-paid accounts and some older accounts aren’t currently supported. To make sure that your account is eligible, contact your carrier.

You'll find this information here: Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keeping that in mind, you mentioned not knowing how to connect your cellular plan from your iPhone; you need a separate eligible cellular service plan for your Apple Watch through the same wireless carrier you're using for your iPhone. You can't piggyback your iPhone cellular connection to get a cellular connection on your Apple Watch. Make sure you've contacted your carrier to set up a plan for your Apple Watch. To see if your carrier is supported, check out this link: Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

If the information above doesn't seem to help, you'll want to contact your carrier for more help.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2022 10:09 AM in response to BadServiceHater

Hi there BadServiceHater,

We're happy to help. To start, you'll want to be sure your Apple Watch and paired iPhone meet these requirements:

Before you start
- Make sure that you have the latest software on your iPhone and your Apple Watch.
- Check for updates to your carrier settings.
- Make sure that you have an eligible cellular service plan with a supported carrier. Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same carrier,* and you must be within your carrier's network when you set up cellular on your watch.
- If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company or carrier to see if they support this feature. Pre-paid accounts and some older accounts aren’t currently supported. To make sure that your account is eligible, contact your carrier.

You'll find this information here: Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keeping that in mind, you mentioned not knowing how to connect your cellular plan from your iPhone; you need a separate eligible cellular service plan for your Apple Watch through the same wireless carrier you're using for your iPhone. You can't piggyback your iPhone cellular connection to get a cellular connection on your Apple Watch. Make sure you've contacted your carrier to set up a plan for your Apple Watch. To see if your carrier is supported, check out this link: Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

If the information above doesn't seem to help, you'll want to contact your carrier for more help.

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.