Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens when I change the region on my new phone? What happens to all my apps, data. Items on phone?

What happens to all my apps when I change the region?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 9:09 AM

If you are changing the region in Settings->General->Language & Region ->Region, then nothing happens to your apps or data or any items on your iPhone. They remain just as you are. Note, that this will not affect the country or region used for iTunes & App Stores.

If you are actually changing your region for your Apple ID rather than your iPhone as shown here: link-> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Then you must cancel all subscriptions, clear any account balance, and any purchases not downloaded to the device may no longer be accessible. Installed Apps will remain installed on any device and continue to work normally however.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2022 9:09 AM in response to Yugioh2020

If you are changing the region in Settings->General->Language & Region ->Region, then nothing happens to your apps or data or any items on your iPhone. They remain just as you are. Note, that this will not affect the country or region used for iTunes & App Stores.

If you are actually changing your region for your Apple ID rather than your iPhone as shown here: link-> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Then you must cancel all subscriptions, clear any account balance, and any purchases not downloaded to the device may no longer be accessible. Installed Apps will remain installed on any device and continue to work normally however.

What happens when I change the region on my new phone? What happens to all my apps, data. Items on phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.